Swimming pool water is polluted mainly by swimmers. Every swimmer carries a large number of microorganisms. If the pool water is not treated, the number of microorganisms will accumulate more and more that can cause disease. With its strong disinfection mechanism and oxidation character, ozone is a very suitable solution for treating swimming pool water.
Treating swimming pool water with ozone is a highly appreciated method with a good disinfection effect and is safe for human health.
Ozone generator for swimming pool water treatment
Chlorine is widely identified as a health hazard when used for swimming pool water disinfection. Many research shows that children who swim frequently in pools are disinfected by chlorine may be increased developing allergies or asthma risks.
While Ozone pool will be much cleaner and safe than other chemical disinfection systems include chlorinated system. With ozone disinfection systems, dirt, organics, grease and other materials will get caught up in the filter system much faster.
Generate ozone by Dr.Ozone machine – Effective & safe disinfection solution superior to Chlorine
- Ozone reacts with bacteria, mold, spores, pollutants, grease, organic and inorganic matter, lamblia Giardia and Cryptosporidium almost instantaneously with the reaction speed is 3000 times faster than Chlorine. It also doesn’t create by-products. While Chlorine can combine with sweat, urine containing ammonium, Urea, ammonium compounds to create NCI3, CNCI, 3-MCPD causing allergies, red eyes, and respiratory system effects, respiratory, cardiovascular, Ozone may create inhibition against this by-product formation.
- Capable of controlling the Ozone threshold safely by device measuring the ozone concentration in the water. The aeration system will stop automatically when the threshold is exceeded & restarts when the concentration is below the set threshold.
- Ozone when dissolved in water has a mild, pleasant smell, not as strong as chlorine.
- Swimming pool ozone machine has the effect of supplementing dissolved oxygen in the water
- More cost-effective than using chemicals & Chlorine. Ozone is created on-site without warehouses, chemical transportation, chemical storage, or chemical storage regulations. The ozone machines have diverse capacities for treating scale from small, medium to large. They can be used to clean home swimming pools or industrial pools, easy to operate and maintain.
- Ozone lifetime in water is only about 1/3h while chlorine can exist from 2-3h in water.
- Ozone does not affect the neutral pH of the water in the swimming pool. In addition, it prevents the formation of calcium carbonate (CaCO) plaque that causes unsightly pools and also cleans mold around the pool safely.
- 100% dissolved ozone does not cause any allergies to humans when in direct contact.
Dr.Ozone application model in commercial & household swimming pool
Results of the pool water treatment system combined with ozone technology
Ozone technology for swimming pool disinfection can be used alone or in combination with UVC technology to form AOP advanced oxidation that disinfects water by oxidizing organic and inorganic pollutants.
The above model uses a Dr.Ozone generator with a large capacity of 30g/h or more to disinfect the pool water in the final stage after the water is filtered through the sand filter system. The devices integrate into the treatment system include:
Ozone is mixed on a small branch (separated from the master pipeline). With the full mixing system increasing the ozone mixing ratio to 80% – 90%, the sterilization treatment efficiency increases by 60% compared with the conventional mixing method.
Action mechanism of Dr.Ozone treatment system
After the disinfection process, oxidized directly with Ozone, the water is put through the UVC disinfection lamp system. Advantages of UVC lamps help maintain the quality of the disinfected water source, decompose the residual O3 in the water into Oxygen. In addition, under the effect of the UVC ultraviolet lamp, Ozone generates many Hydroxyl (OH) free radicals, which has the effect of reducing organic and inorganic pollutants in water faster & continues to participate in the pool water treatment process.
Normally, the water treatment system for swimming pool water includes filtration, oxidation, disinfection and freshwater supply. Polluted contaminants are removed from the water by filters. Smaller, insoluble polluted particles are removed by sand filtration. To improve this system, a coagulant can be applied which makes it easier to remove small insoluble particles. Dissolved particles are removed by oxidation due to the disinfectant’s ability to deactivate microorganisms. Substances that can’t be decomposed must be gradually removed by refreshing the water.
By using ozone in swimming pool water treatment, the biodegradation rate of natural organic matter (NOM) is increased. This means, large molecules are reduced to smaller molecules, which can be removed by the filter more easily.
In essence, organic matter causes an increase in the bacterial growth speed in the system because it is a microbial nutrient. Bacterial regeneration is an undesirable side effect, however, this can be turned into a positive effect by injecting ozone into the sand filter, increasing filtration efficiency. Ozone increases the biodegradability of the material and microbial growth, and also increases the oxygen concentration in the filter. Total organic carbon (TOC) can be increased by 35% in a sand filter when ozone is added. The amount of organic matter in the filter is reduced, reducing the regrowth of bacteria in the system.
In the filter, the coagulant is often added to avoid clogging and increase the filtration capacity. An additional benefit of adding ozone to filtration systems is the increased flocculant efficiency. Researches have shown that ozonation can increase the adsorption of organic matter to flocculants, such as activated aluminum, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum polychloride and calcium carbonate.
Based on the actual needs of every project and treatment system, Dr.Ozone will provide an appropriate solution. Contact us today for the best swimming pool water treatment solution, optimize cost. Our technical team who are professional, experienced and knowledgeable will always ready to listen and answer all your questions.
You can contact us any time via Chat Box or Hotline for the best advice.
Address: No.30, Truong An Industrial Cluster, An Khanh Commune, Hoai Duc Dist, Ha Noi city, Viet Nam
Inbox us: Fanpage Dr-Ozone